California Public Safety has an open and continuous application process. We are currently seeking people that are willing to accept the challenge and become one of our finest. We welcome all applicants and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Basic requirements for any position at CPS:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- No felony convictions.
- Be a U.S. citizen or California resident.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
The following are requirements for an unarmed officer position:
- BSIS Guard Registration
- Valid California driver’s license (copy of driving record is recommended as well)
The following are requirements for a public safety officer (including the above):
- BSIS permit for exposed firearm
- BSIS permit for baton (not required but highly recommended)
- Certificate of training for electronic defense device “taser” (not required but highly recommended)
- Certificate of training for chemical agent/teargas/pepper spray or equivalent
- Certificate of training for CPR (adult, child and infant)
- Certificate of training for standard first aid.
Employment Application Form
* Required Field